Loading Images ... ... ... Please wait!

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Seldovia Final Thoughts and Halibut

I was very pleased with our trip to Seldovia this weekend. The kids had a great time and Angela and I enjoyed it also. The first four pictures were taken during our stay. The last two pictures were taken on the boat on Saturday. I don't know what it is, but I love fishing for halibut. I think that it has something to do with being out on the ocean, maybe the anticipation of catching a huge fish or just the company I bring. I think my dad enjoys it as much as I do which makes nice bonding time. Nothing can bring a family together like killing fish, sounds a bit perverse, but its true with the Massey's. The two fish pictured were 54 and 55 inches which equates to about 80 lbs a piece. It was my best fishing trip of the year. ~Erik


3 comments:

Smedley Family said...

Dang, that's huge Erik! So how can we get you to take us out for halibut?! Seriously!? Nice catch!

9 of Us said...

Looks like you filled the freezer!! Way to go.

Rachel said...

dude that thing weighs more than Angela! I've never seen anything like it. I LOVE the picture with your Dad and Owen, a little fisherman in training... SO CUTE!