Loading Images ... ... ... Please wait!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Chirstmas Morning...By Owen

So, my mom got me out of bed way to early this morning, that is how my day started. I guess I should back up a month or so...right after Thanksgiving my parents put up this fake tree that has all sorts of neat stuff on it. I grab the nice shiny toys that are hanging on the tree and mom or dad yells at me. Seems a bit weird, but my dad has always been a bit off. Anyways my mom has been dragging me around town and keeps wanting me to sit on this creepy guys lap, most of the time I try and smile but sometimes it just makes me cry. My sisters keep talking about this thing called Christmas, yeah, yeah, I was around last year but I can't remember that far back. That was a half a lifetime ago, literally. So my sisters keep taking about this Santa guy and how he just brings presents. Once again seems a bit weird to me. That brings us back to this morning. Mom gets me up way to early, fortunately it wasn't to early to find my happy place.

I notice the stockings that were hanging on the walls have some stuff in them. Odd, but I am waking up a bit. Wow there is some pretty neat stuff there.

What is that thing on moms arm? Dude, is that a dog with a hat on?

Whoah, the dog moves his mouth and sings songs. That is really strange.

He is singing Christmas songs, that is funny. I mean really funny. Who ever heard of a singing dog.

Seriously, I can't get enough of this dog. I can't stop laughing. Oops, I just peed my pants. Good thing for diapers.

We opened some presents from family. My Uncle and Aunt got me this sweet pop up Peter Pan book. I mean skull and cross bones on a pop out pirate ship cool.

I won't lie, all this playing made me really hungry so I decided to whip something up for breakfast. I figured french fries, boiled orange and waffle in a pan would probably do just the trick. That is the nice thing about living in this day and age, a guy and cook and its not looked down on. What can I say, I am a new age man.

I would have to say, all in all it was a wonderful day. Hopefully next year Santa will find our house again. ~Owen

4 comments:

Coburn Kids said...

That is exactly the reaction to the pop-up book we were hoping for. I think Chris had the same look on his face while looking through the book. Of course we had to buy a copy to add to our collection of Robert Sabuda pop-ups. We are excited to introduce these books to our sweet nephew (and nieces).

josh said...

Boiled orange is a personal favorite.

Jamma said...

Owen is such a cute little guy. I love his facial expressions!! Sounds like you had a Merry Christmas

The Kellers said...

I must be in a funny mood, cause I just laughed at everything you wrote!! I love reading your posts. Have a happy New Year guys!!