Loading Images ... ... ... Please wait!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Eagle Project


Here are a few shots from the trail blazing that we did this weekend with the scouts. We had a great time - it was a bit like work but fun none the less. The lighting was a bit challenging, there was really strong sunlight bleeding through the trees. I did the best I could and some of the shots turned out better than I expected and the majority turned out crappier. Here are a few of my favorites. The first shot showed that it was a bit chilly that morning, upper 30's to low 40's. You can see John's breath and the smoke through the trees.

Once again on this shot I was trying to use the available lighting but I did have a strobe to give a bit of fill light. The shot below I got a bit more aggressive with the fill light.

I used 2 strobes at 45's to the scouts and exposed them a bit more than the background. Sorry for all the tech talk. It may be more than you wanted to know. This is the lake that we cut the trail to. A couple of the boys tried fishing but didn't have much success. Shortly after this picture was taken Miles pushed a couple of the boys into the lake. Unfortunately I didn't catch that one on camera. It was a really enjoyable weekend. ~Erik

1 comments:

Miles and Bex said...

So I have decided that you are going to have one night a month dedicated to teaching the Swansons and us how to use our cameras. We will provide dinner and entertainment (fighting kids) if you teach us! Fun, right!