Loading Images ... ... ... Please wait!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

If I seem a bit crabby...

You may remember from last year I was down on my luck when it came to crab. This year my luck has changed. The season for tanner crab opened on the 15th of July and fortunately I was able to get the pots in the water. We pulled the pots and got a few crabs. I won't lie when we pulled them up I was a bit afraid to grab them because I thought that they would snap away and start pinching my hands. They didn't get me though. The following pictures may be a bit disturbing, sorry that is how we take care of business. To get the legs ready to cook you just grab the 2 sets of lets and twist like shown below. Shake the extra goo out then pluck the gills off. You can see the bowl of legs in the last picture. After you get them cleaned throw them in a pot and steam them for 20 minutes. Wallah fresh cooked crab. It tastes sweet! I love living in Alaska. ~Erik


7 comments:

Smedley Family said...

mmmmmm . . . yummmmmmy

Jamma said...

Oh what a feast!! Love Love Love Crab!!

Wammack Family said...

I am very jealous, I would love some of those!

Sadie Does Life said...

ewww, but then yummmmmmmmmm....Crab is amazing!

josh said...

Nice work! Love the first picture, and you have such manly forearms in the leg ripping one.

Anna said...

Ewwww! And ewwwww! I don't like to see the ripping and unfortunately I didn't really like to taste it either! It was great to see you guys and play with your kids.

mexicanmassey said...

that looks really tasty! I would love to rip apart a crab and eat it up. I like crab legs dipped in butter... sooo good! Can't wait to get to alaska!