Loading Images ... ... ... Please wait!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dolly Varden Post 2...


Erik told me that it is my turn to narrate, so here it goes. Thankfully, when we woke up Friday morning, we had better weather. It was a crazy night getting there. Everyone was soaked and miserable. It's amazing how a warm fire and dry clothes can improve morale. Erik was able to get a fire going in the wood stove in the cabin and we got warm and toasty really fast. Unfortunately, it got a little too warm and toasty in the middle of the night and we ended up with all the windows open and still sweating pretty bad. The worst part was we all had long sleeved shirts and pants on to keep off the mosquitoes and we weren't about to strip down to get cooler. So, the kids would scream and we'd all be up. With all of my whining out of my system, I'll move on. You'd think we had a horrible time, but it was a great weekend, and if that's all I have to complain about, we're doing pretty good. As you can see, Kaitlyn and I found more berries! There were several types of berries around, but we just focused on watermelon berries for my friend, Becky. We could only find about 2 cups, but for watermelon berries, that's pretty good. I also had a bunch of activities planned for the kids like outdoor tic-tac-toe and a nature scavenger hunt. We went on a 50 foot hike. (I gave each of the girls 50 foot of yarn and had them make a path with it. Then we took a magnifying glass and closely inspected what was on their trail.) Kaitlyn thought the outhouse was really cool. It was a nice outhouse, as far as outhouses go. We liked that you could open the top of the door and really enjoy nature while you were using the facilities. Erik also took us on a real hike through the woods to find another little lake. It was short, but intense for the kids with uneven terrain and lots of ducking under branches. Anyhow, I guess there's more to come, so I'll sign out for now. -Angela


RSS readers visit site for interactive pictures.

1 comments:

Smedley Family said...

very creative angela! that's why my kids drive me crazy cause i don't think of things like that! nice :)