Loading Images ... ... ... Please wait!

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Anniversary Get Away

This is inside the cabin we stayed in for our anniversary celebration. It was just a couple of miles out of town, and Erik's co-workers were making fun of us, but it turned out to be a pretty nice place to stay. It felt so good to have some alone time. This is the first time we have been without children all night in 4 years. It was nice and relaxing and we just had fun together. Thanks again to Beth and Ian who came down from Anchorage to watch the crazy kids! We love you guys!


This is outside on the deck. Erik started a fire for me a we sat out there and drank hot cocoa. What a difference 12 hours makes, though. The last picture is what we woke up to this morning. Welcome to April in Alaska. We keep getting hints that summer is truly coming. I have to admit that I'm starting to wonder if summer really exists up here. I can't remember when there wasn't snow...~Angela

9 comments:

Tyler 2nd RS said...

Wow, time alone... what would that be like?? You guys are lucky to have family close! The place you stayed at looks so cute too! Who cares if it what close to Slowtown, at least you were alone!

Smedley Family said...

Where was that cabin you guys!? Love'n it!!! I'm ALL ABOUT sneak'n away so you'll have to fill us in!! - Lisa

Tessa's Blog said...

Wow the inside looked great--the outside was actually pretty cute too in the Alaskan way and you wouldn't even think the inside would look like that. Where was that anyway? Congrats on your Anniversary--I'm glad that you guys were able to get away and have some time alone. Anyway hope all is well with you guys!!

9 of Us said...

Go Tote road!! :) Glad you had fun.

Unknown said...

How fun for you guys. I would love to do something like that.
You have a beautiful family.
Your blog makes me want to live in Alaska. It really does.

the phipps said...

Looks like fun!- I always like looking at your pictures- I loved the moose!

massey said...

Happy Anniversay you two! I'm happy for you that you spent some time with just eachother. It really makes a difference!!

GrandmaDebbie said...

What a nice place to get away. That's quite a cabin. It looks very cozy. I'm glad you were able to get away for your anniversary.
Love Mom

Dave and Loralee said...

We feel you with the snow. I figured out that Cleveland is pretty much in winter from Sept to late April. But at least you guys have the pretty views. Crack houses just don't inspire like you think they would here.